Sadly, my camera died after the first day, so this is actually only half of the weekend.
At the Armory:
- I wish I had gotten a picture of Moyra Davey's Copperheads, I am always finding myself drawn to her work.
- A lot of crafty things happening, like cut paper, collage, painting on photographs, intricate detail.
- Not as much video as I thought there would be.
- Really liked the Galeria Oliva Arauna of Madrid where I saw Concha Prada's work. Also Per Barclay.
- There was an overall feeling of safety at the Armory. Nothing too surprising, not the place for emerging artists.
- Monsieur X had some interesting erotic photos from the 30's
We also made it to the New Museum and to the Lower East Side galleries.